What they do
Charity Bank finances social enterprises, charities and community organisations with the support of depositors and investors who want to use their money to facilitate real social change. They attract organisational investors (charities, public sector and business) and also offer individual savings products, including a Cash ISA. Collectively, all of the above enable the Bank to lend to charity or community projects, many of whom find it difficult to obtain finance from the high street banks.
- To convince investors that they are a serious and credible financial organisation.
- To convince loan and smaller customers that they are indeed an ethical bank with the interests of community projects at heart.
- To avoid being a victim of banker-bashing!
- To deliver all of the above with a relatively small team.
What we did
- Delivered several free branding and communications planning sessions
- Subsequently, helped the bank to develop a more focused brand positioning to support the ‘convincing’ objectives above
- Helped to create and direct several key media campaigns both digital and in the traditional financial press including: National Ethical Investment Week and research-driven media campaigns to raise the profile of the lack of knowledge about banking and ethics
- Still provide ongoing marketing and communications support for the Head of Marketing.
- Media coverage increases year on year
- Increases in investments attracted from key audiences year on year
- Increases in community project loans granted year on year
- New impact reporting receiving more positive feedback from target audiences
- Ongoing partnerships with other relevant bodies (like National Ethical Investment Week) developed and leveraged.